In 2017, IFOS and SFORL have organized the ENT World Congress in Paris. The event has gathered more than 8 000 ENT specialists from more than 120 countries.
Encouraged by this tremendous success, the two scientific associations have decided to combine their efforts by developing 4 concrete collaborative actions throughout the next 4 years.
1/ Educational Material in Open Access
We are very pleased to announce the launch of the new online free access library to be accessible by all ENT professionals all around the world.
In this section of our new website, you will be able to search for scientific content coming from national societies from all around the world.
Please visit this very exciting new tool (coming soon)
2/ IFOS World Master Course: “Training the trainers”
IFOS and SFORL have decided to organize in each continent masterclass courses dedicated to Post graduates in the field of Global Hearing Rehabilitation.
To get more information on each course and register, please visit our dedicated web page
3/ Humanitarian global coordination plan
We have several goals:
- to provide human and technical resources when necessary
- to coordinate more global action with multidisciplinary teams
- to represent ORL interest in diverse humanitarian international organizations
- to support the World Health Organization engagement for prevention of deafness and hearing loss
An international advisory board, leading by Pr T. MOM, will be able to receive through the new IFOS website the needs and requests both from volunteers willing to help colleagues in a field of Otolaryngology -Head Neck surgery and from local teams wishing to be helped.
In order to facilitate global actions, “demanders” and “givers” can be put in touch, and assistance will be provided, as much as possible, by IFOS.
If you wish to participate, please click here
4/ Creation of the IFOS Young Otolaryngologists committee
Their mission will be to encourage close international relationship among young physicians :
- Contribution to educational material and resources
- Participation to humanitarian missions
- Creation of a Network IFOS - Young Physician Group (research, clinical, course, academic career, scholarship…)
For more information and follow their actions, please click here (link to come)